Become a CNA (Certified Nursing Assistant) in as little as TWO WEEKS
A Certified Nursing Assistant, or CNA, helps patients or clients with healthcare needs under the supervision of a Registered Nurse (RN) or a Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN). The individual who carries this title needs a strong work ethic and ability since you will be working closely with patients on a daily basis. Duties often include tasks such as checking vital signs, making up patient beds and assisting patients with personal tasks. In some cases, CNAs can also assist with basic medical procedures.
Many CNA students also choose add a CMA certification to their credentials. A certified medication aide, or CMA, administers routine oral medications and is responsible for monitoring a patient’s vitals and behavior while on medication.
With a CNA Certification you are prepared for work in a health care facility (e.g. Assisted Living, nursing facility, hospital) or in a residential setting (e.g. in-home care). CNAs also have the opportunity to work within doctor offices and hospitals. Please be aware that most hospitals in the Omaha area also require that their CNAs have a Basic Life Support (BLS) certification as well. That is why we have added this course add-on to our CNA classes. Visit the BLS Class Description page to learn more.
Start your CNA class at one of Omaha’s premier certification schools now.
CNA Class Time Commitment:
- 76 hour Course (on-site instruction, training and testing):
- Typically completed in 5-6 weeks
- Day class completed in 2 weeks!
Tuition for your CNA Certification:
- Paid in Full – $495
- Paid in Full Weekday Summer Classes (May through August) – $515
- Ask about our payment plan
- Includes tuition, one state exam and registry submission
Books Needed for your CNA Class:
- Textbook $40 (mandatory)
- Workbook $20 (optional self-study)
At the End of the CNA Class, You Will Be Able To:
- Define/understand the scope of practice of the nurse aide and their role as part of the health care team
- Demonstrate effective communication with staff, co-workers, faculty, and other members of the healthcare team
- Understand privacy and security of patients and others
Requirements To Enroll in The CNA Class:
- Be at least 15 years old and expected to turn 16 within three months of completion of the course
- Ability to speak, read, write & understand English
- Aware of & within the eligibility requirements for placement on the State Nurse Aide Registry
- In good physical health and able to lift 25 pounds
- Attend class at the Quality Career Pathways in Omaha, NE
CNA Certification Testing:
- Written and skills exam are done at the school in Omaha, NE