BECOME A PERSONAL CARE ASSISTANT
Company: Comfort Keepers
Headquarters: 8710 F Street, Omaha, NE 68127
Website: Click Here
Comfort Keepers is looking for a compassionate Personal Care Assistant to support clients living with physical, emotional, or cognitive impairments. Your duties will include providing companionship, performing basic housekeeping duties, and assisting with personal hygiene.
To ensure success as a Personal Care Assistant, you should possess experience in a similar role and knowledge of best practices in providing personal care. Ultimately, a first-class Personal Care Assistant will be someone who prioritizes the wellbeing of clients and demonstrates a caring approach.
**Tuition Reimbursement offered for PCA Course upon graduation if hired by Comfort Keepers.**
Personal Care Assistant Responsibilities:
- Providing immobile, recovering, or frail clients with support, company, and comfort.
- Reporting changes in the physical, mental, and emotional conditions of clients to support team.
- Providing support with personal hygiene, including bathroom visits, bathing, dressing, and brushing teeth.
- Engaging clients in suitable activities, such as playing games, taking walks, or having conversations.
- Performing basic housekeeping duties, including cleaning, laundry, and preparing meals.
- Assisting clients with household finances, bills, and payments, as well as running errands.
- Accompanying clients on outings and arranging transportation to medical appointments.
- Providing mobility support, including assistance with walking aids and wheelchairs.
- Maintaining a hygienic, tidy, and safe environment.
Personal Care Assistant Requirements:
- High school diploma or GED.
- In-depth knowledge of best practices in providing personal care.
- PCA certification – Comfort Keepers can assist in acquiring.
- Available to work hours including days, evenings, weekends, and holidays.
- Extensive experience in assisting clients with mobility and personal hygiene.
- Ability to perform housekeeping tasks, prepare meals, pay household bills, and run errands.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, a caring approach, and physically fit.
- Ability to maintain a tidy and safe living environment.