HIRING CNAs NOW
Company: Douglas County Health Center
Headquarters: 4102 Woolworth Ave., Omaha, NE 68144
Website: Click Here
As a Federal Contractor and Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS), Health Center employees are required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 upon employment.
BENEFITS (If schedule is 21 hours or more per week)
- Referral Bonus up to $2000
- Medical premiums as low as $28.76 biweekly for single coverage
- Dental premiums as low as $2.06 biweekly for single coverage
- Vision premiums as low as $5.72 per month for single coverage
- Long-term disability premium paid by County
- Basic Life Insurance premium paid by County
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Health Savings Accounts funded $1,000 per year for single coverage or $600 annual deductible for single coverage
- 12 paid holidays per year
- 2 weeks’ vacation per year
- 14 paid sick days per year
- Upon vested retirement, pension payments for life
- Optional benefits (e.g. short-term disability, whole life policy, cancer policy, legal services, additional term life policy)
Education and Work Experience and Other Requirements
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Successful completion of a State certified 75-hour Nursing Assistant course required and must maintain in good standing.
- Basic life support/cardiopulmonary resuscitation certification required within six (6) months of hire and must maintain throughout employment.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Six (6) months experience in a healthcare setting preferred.
- Experience with electronic medical records preferred.
- Completion of a pre-employment criminal background check, post conditional-offer drug screen, physical assessment, and health review required.
- Completion of an annual health review required.
Physical Requirements & Working Conditions
- Work is performed in a healthcare facility.
- Assigned shifts may vary (e.g. varied days, hours, holidays, weekends, and overtime) as needed.
- Work involves potential exposure to biohazards and infectious materials.
- Work may be stressful when dealing with multiple priorities, time constraints, limited resources and uncooperative/irate individuals.
- Extended periods of standing, walking, and bending with occasional sitting, kneeling, climbing, stooping, crouching, carrying, and balancing.
- Ability to frequently lift and/or carry objects weighing up to 50 pounds as well as push/pull up to 50 pounds of force with grip strength of 65 pounds.
- Visual abilities include close, distance color, and peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Communication abilities include the ability to talk and hear within normal ranges.