NOW HIRING MEDICATION AIDES
Company: Douglas County Health Center
Headquarters: 4102 Woolworth Ave., Omaha, NE 68144
Website: Click Here
As a Federal Contractor and Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS), Health Center employees are required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 upon employment.
BENEFITS (If schedule is 21 hours or more per week)
- Referral Bonus up to $2000
- Medical premiums as low as $28.76 biweekly for single coverage
- Dental premiums as low as $2.06 biweekly for single coverage
- Vision premiums as low as $5.72 per month for single coverage
- Long-term disability premium paid by County
- Basic Life Insurance premium paid by County
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Health Savings Accounts funded $1,000 per year for single coverage or $600 annual deductible for single coverage
- 12 paid holidays per year
- 2 weeks’ vacation per year
- 14 paid sick days per year
- Upon vested retirement, pension payments for life
- Optional benefits (e.g. short-term disability, whole life policy, cancer policy, legal services, additional term life policy)
Education and Work Experience and Other Requirements
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Completion of a State certified 75-hour Nursing Assistant course required and maintained in good standing.
- Attainment of a State certified 40-hour Medication Aide certification class and exam required and maintained in good standing.
- Completion of the 10 required competencies of a Medication Aide as defined in Nebraska State Statute within the first 14 days of employment required.
- Basic life support/cardiopulmonary resuscitation certification required within six (6) months of hire and must maintain throughout employment.
- Must be at least 19 years of age.
- Six (6) months experience as a medication aide or one (1) year as a nursing assistant preferred.
- Experience with electronic medical records preferred.
- Completion of pre-employment drug screen, criminal records check, physical assessment, and health review required.
- Completion of an annual health review required.
Physical Requirements & Working Conditions
- Work is performed in a health care facility
- Assigned shifts may vary (e.g. days, hours, holidays, weekends, and overtime).
- Work involves potential exposure to biohazards, infectious materials and risk of injury from distraught individuals.
- Work may be stressful when dealing with multiple priorities, time constraints, limited resources and uncooperative/irate individuals.
- Extended periods of walking and standing with occasional climbing, reaching, carrying, balancing, kneeling, crouching and bending.
- Ability to frequently lift and/or carry objects weighing up to 50 pounds as well as push/pull up to 50 pounds of force with grip strength of 65 pounds.
- Visual abilities include close, distance and color vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Communication abilities include the ability to talk and hear within normal ranges.