CERTIFIED PHARMACY TECHNICIAN NEEDED
Company: Methodist Hospital
Headquarters: 8303 Dodge St, Omaha, NE
Phone: (402) 354-4000
Website: Click Here
Position Location: Methodist Women’s Hospital
Location Address: 707 N 190th Plaza, Elkhorn, NE 68022
Why work for Nebraska Methodist Health System?
At Nebraska Methodist Health System, we focus on providing exceptional care to the communities we serve and people we employ. We call it The Meaning of Care – a culture that has and will continue to set us apart. It’s helping families grow by making each delivery special, conveying a difficult diagnosis with a compassionate touch, going above and beyond for a patient’s needs, or giving a high five when a patient beats a disease or conquers a personal health challenge.
We offer competitive pay, excellent benefits and a great work environment where all employees are valued! Most importantly, our employees are part of a team that makes a real difference in the communities we live and work in.
Under the supervision of a licensed pharmacist, this role is to assist in the various activities of the pharmacy department not requiring the professional judgment of the pharmacist. Function in strict accordance with standard, written procedures and guidelines; Triages medication requests and determines priorities, of processes orders and notifies the pharmacist as appropriate. Manufactures, packages, and labels drug products as needed.
Performs aseptic compounding of parenteral admixtures and other sterile dosage forms. This includes the practice of aseptic technique, proper procedures for preparing all types of parenteral admixtures (excluding chemotherapy or other specialty solutions), preparation of the label and any control records, the proper technique for visual inspection of parenteral solutions, and the documentation of quality control.
Performs various functions associated with an institutional drug distribution system. This includes, but is not limited to, the use of drug dispensing and compounding automation, the viewing of medication orders in the pharmacy computerized system, the preparation of medications for patients, the procedures that apply to record keeping and dispensing
Rotating weekday evenings; every other weekend (days/evenings)
- High School Diploma or General Educational Development (G.E.D.) required.
- Registration with work state as a Pharmacy Technician prior to start date.
- Age at least 18 years of age with no current drug or alcohol addiction/convictions of any drug related misdemeanor or felony.
- Some experience in a hospital pharmacy preferred.
- Registration with work state as a Pharmacy Technician (RPHT) at the start of employment required.
- Certified by Board approved state or national pharmacy technician certification program (CPHT) within 12 months of state registration required.
- Must possess certain demonstrated abilities and a thorough knowledge base, understanding, and level of proficiency to assure adherence to the procedures and objectives of pharmacy services. These abilities and knowledge include general basic chemistry, arithmetic, basic algebra, reading, and writing.
- Interpersonal Skills: To communicate effectively with hospital personnel, patients and the public through daily rounds, meetings, and formal presentations.
- Computer Skills: Microsoft Outlook, Word, basic.
- Analytical Skills: Must be able to interpret and evaluate medication request for triaging to pharmacist.
- Time Management Skills: Ability to prioritize time and tasks according to the needs of patients without prompting.