Website Good Samaritan Society
Join our not-for-profit organization that has provided nearly 100 years of housing and services to seniors with a commitment to quality care and service in a Christian environment.
Create Your Career With Us!
Facility: GSS NE Omaha Millard Ctr
Location: Omaha, NE
Address: 12856 Deauville Dr, Omaha, NE 68137, USA
Shifts Available: 8 Hours
- Evening Shifts – 2:00pm – 10:30pm
- Night Shifts – 10:00pm – 6:30am
- Day Shifts – 6:00am – 2:30pm
Job Schedule: Full time
Weekly Hours: 40.00
The Nursing Assistant (NA) serves as caregiver to the resident during the scheduled work period in long term care. Provides resident-centered nursing care and daily living assistance to assigned resident under the supervision of a registered nurse (RN). Knowledge of and delivers age-appropriate care related to the physical and psychological needs of the resident as per care plan. Considered a member of the nursing team and is expected to know, and will be held accountable for, following infection prevention and control policies and Personal Protective Equipment use. Provides assistance with basic health care needs including daily living activities that may include, but are not limited to, bathing, toileting, grooming, dressing/undressing, obtaining and recording vital signs, and providing psychosocial support and other personal care to assigned resident.
- Assists the resident in transferring, repositioning, and walking using correct and appropriate transfer techniques and equipment and also provides range of motion and passive exercises.
- Completes tasks related to food preparation and dining, while creating a positive dining experience for the resident.
- Assists residents with meals and snacks, provides water and supplements as appropriate.
- The NA aids providers and nursing staff members with procedures, if needed.
- Documents resident interactions as needed and the outcomes related to resident care, behavior, activity, and dietary.
- Communicates resident’s changing condition and care related concerns/responses to the charge nurse.
- Collects non-invasive body fluid specimens and gathers vital signs.
- Provides housekeeping and laundry services to assist residents with keeping living areas clean and operational.
- Provides assistance and documentation with wellness and recreational programs and encourages residents to participate.
- May participate in departmental/organization committees and task forces as needed.
- High school graduate or general equivalency diploma (GED) preferred for CNA; required for Medication Aide.
- Must possess licensure required for the position.
- Satisfactorily completes yearly department specific competency testing and maintains a record of continuing education credits for each year.
- A minimum of 12 hours continuing education are required annually.
- Maintains all department specific required certifications.
The Good Samaritan Society offers an attractive benefits package for qualifying full-time and part-time employees. Depending on eligibility, a variety of benefits include health insurance, dental insurance, vision insurance, life insurance, a 401(k) retirement plan, work/life balance benefits, sick leave and paid time off. To review your benefit eligibility, visit https://good-sam.jobs/benefits .
The Good Samaritan Society is an EEO/AA Employer M/F/Disability/Vet. If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request an accommodation for help with your online application, please call 1-877-673-0854 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org .
The Good Samaritan Society has a Drug Free Workplace Policy. An accepted offer will require a drug screen and pre-employment background screening as a condition of employment.
To apply for this job please visit bit.ly.