Website Banyan Medical Systems
Banyan Medical Systems is a next generation care delivery services and technology company focused on improving patient outcomes and lowering the cost of healthcare for hospitals nationwide. Banyan currently enables over one third of the nation’s healthcare systems with technology that integrates systems across the enterprise, combined with high-fidelity two-way communication that harmoniously joins local hospital staff with virtual medical professionals to provide the best patient care, at the point of need, wherever it is required; thus driving up efficiency and improving patient health and satisfaction.
At Banyan, we hire the best. If you’re driven to perform, passionate about healthcare, and providing next generation level: care, service & solutions; you’ll fit right in. We approach our work fearlessly, learn quickly, improve constantly, and celebrate our service. Everyone is welcome—Banyan is an inclusive workplace, we need all high performing employees to help us transform healthcare. There is much to do and many talented hands needed.
LOCATION & Hours
- Managed Services Operation Location: Omaha, NE
- 3 Nights per week from 6 p.m. to 6 a.m. with rotating Holidays and weekends
Banyan Medical Systems is looking for individuals in the healthcare field who can learn the Banyan products and provide virtual care services to the Managed Services Clients. As a member of the Managed Services team, the Virtual Sitter will monitor patients identified as at risk for fall from a remote location. The Virtual Sitter will directly observe multiple patients at the same time using CARE technology. The Virtual Sitter will promote safe environment by supporting and communicating with floor staff, while providing patients and families with the reassurance of patient’s safety. The Virtual Sitter’s focus will be on the prevention of patient falls.
- Obtains verbal report from the patient’s nurse to include information regarding the patient’s identified care needs, diagnosis, visual, auditory, or language barriers, as well as any special consideration (NPO, bed alarms, etc.).
- Ensures complete visualization of the patient via remote monitoring equipment.
- Obtains instruction from nurse regarding ambulation limitations and course of action for redirection of patient if needed.
- Observes the patient’s activity and behavior and redirects the patient as needed. If indicated, immediately notifies floor staff of the need for physical intervention (such as toileting assistance assisting patient to lie back in bed, moving an item closer, etc)
- Able to identify safety risks and communicate the need to escalate assistance to the patient.
- Functions cooperatively as a team member. Responds as directed by responsible nurse to changing patients’/unit’s needs.
- Communicates in a professional manner and demonstrates respect for patient, families/significant other and other health care members.
- Offers support and feedback to peers and staff. Applies principles of caring and healing in interactions with patients and families and with colleagues.
- Accurately records data collected and notifies RN of any untoward events, i.e., behavioral changes, violent behavior, etc.
- Offers consistent support to team members.
- Complies with all hospital rules, regulations, and nursing standards.
- Maintains the privacy and security of all confidential and protected health information. Uses and discloses only that information which is necessary to perform the function of the job.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
- Education: High School diploma or equivalent required
- Experience: Two (2) years experience in healthcare preferred.
- License/Certifications: BLS certification required upon hire. Certification as a nursing or medical assistant preferred.
- Special qualifications: Manage and communicate data in a nursing informatics work environment to Managed Services Clients, nurses, health care providers and patients. Act as the liaison between nurses and technology people. Must be able to successfully complete established competencies for the position within designated probationary period. Effective communication skills; both orally and written. Computer skills needed. Ability to work with others within a team to ensure quality patient care. Strong critical problem-solving skills. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers or regulatory agencies. Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions. Ability to work independently and under pressure.
- Hours of work: Full-Time Non-Exempt – 12-hour shift, rotating weekends.
- Experience and knowledge of the following Microsoft System: Active Directory, Exchange,Skype for Business, and Office 365
To apply for this job please visit banyanmed.hireclick.com.