START YOUR CAREER AS A PERSONAL CARE ASSISTANT
This course is only available to individuals residing near Omaha, Nebraska
Hours to Completion: 12
- 8 Online Hours
- 4 Classroom Hours
All Inclusive Tuition: $150*
After you complete the PCA course, if you decide to further your medical career to become a Certified Nurse Aide (CNA), you can apply your $150 PCA tuition to our CNA course within 60 days.
Requirements To Enroll:
- Ability to speak, read, write & understand English
- In good physical health and able to lift 25 pounds
UPCOMING PERSONAL CARE ASSISTANT COURSES
Make sure to secure your seat in an upcoming class today!
|Location||Course||Day Part||Date||Time||Day of the Week|
|Vinton||PCA||Weekday||01/05||8:30 am - 12:30pm||Thursday|
Apply Your Passion for Helping Others Today
No matter your education level, our certifications can help guide you along the medical certification pathway.
Not sure where to start? Not sure if you have the time or money for a course?
The Personal Care Assistant course designed for individuals new to healthcare and the skills it takes to care for others. This course also explores the unique careers and employers available in the healthcare. It is the perfect first step for someone exploring a medical career.
This course was created in partnership with Comfort Keepers, our Premier Partner.
Navigate Your Career, Your Way
At only $150 and 12 hours, the Personal Care Assistant Course is the perfect first step for someone exploring a medical career. After you complete the course you can take these next steps:
- Engage with employers about opportunities available
- Determine if you want to explore additional certifications
- If you decide to add CNA to your credentials within 60 days of completing the PCA course, you can apply your tuition toward the 76-hour CNA Course.
The Personal Care Assistant Course Will Cover:
- Healthcare System Overview
- Roles and Responsibilities of a PCA
- Ethical and Legal Behavior
- Communication & Cultural Diversity
- Infection Prevention & Standard Precautions
- Safety & Body Mechanics
- Physical, Psychological, & Social Health
- Confusion, Dementia, & Alzheimer’s Disease
- Human Development & Aging
- Mental Health
- Dying, Death & Hospice
- Caring for Yourself
- Basic Personal Care Skills
Who Should Take This Course
The PCA course is perfect for those who:
- Love taking care of others and want to learn more about healthcare
- Have been a family caregiver and what to provide that care to others
- Are exploring employment opportunities in a variety of healthcare settings
- Are Interested in becoming a Certified Nursing Assistant
- Looking for opportunities to provide support to your community