The Children’s Hospital & Medical Center Pediatric CNA Program
This one-day Children’s Pediatric Program will teach you how to adapt your CNA skills in order to care for children. Additionally, it will prepare you to work within hospital and clinic settings.
Please note that you will need to have your CNA Certification prior to taking this course. This means you can add this course when enrolling in a CNA Class. We offer it the day after most CNA Classes end. Visit our CNA Class Description page to learn more about the process of becoming a CNA.
If you already have your CNA Certification, you can enroll immediately. If your license has lapsed, we offer a CNA Refresher Course to get you re-certified in one day.
Course Time Commitment:
- 7 hour course
- 3.5 hours online prior to class
- 3.5 hours on-site instruction, training and sign-off
Tuition for your Certification:
- Paid in Full – $175
- Ask about our payment plan
At the End of the Course, You Will Be Able To:
- Demonstrate basic pediatric nursing skills
- Define/understand the scope of practice of the nurse aide and their role as part of the health care team
- Define/assess the growth and development stages with communication and behavior management strategies for each stage
- Identify/report emotional, physical and sexual abuse and neglect
- Understand patient rights and mental health needs of minors
- Demonstrate effective communication, interaction and de-escalation techniques while providing cares and with family members involved
Requirements To Enroll in The CNA Course:
- Must have an active CNA license or currently attending classes at Quality prior to enrolling in this course
- Ability to speak, read, write and understand English
- In good physical health and able to lift 25 pounds
- Attend class at the Quality Career Pathways school in Omaha, NE