ADAPT YOUR CNA SKILLS FOR PEDIATRICS IN JUST ONE DAY
Hours To Completion: 7
- 3.5 hours online prior to class
- 3.5 hours on-site instruction, training and sign-off
All Inclusive Tuition: $175*
Requirements To Enroll:
- Must have an active CNA license or currently attending a Certified Nurse Aide course at QCP prior to enrolling in this course
- Ability to speak, read, write and understand English
- In good physical health and able to lift 25 pounds
- Attend class at the Quality Career Pathways school in Omaha, NE
UPCOMING PEDIATRIC CNA COURSES
Make sure to secure your seat in an upcoming class today!
|Location||Course||Day Part||Date||Time||Day of the Week|
|Fort||PEDS||Weekday||02/17||9:00 am - 12:30 pm||Friday|
|Fort||PEDS||Weekday||03/21||9:00 am - 12:30 pm||Tuesday|
This one-day Children’s Pediatric CNA Program, based on curriculum written by Omaha’s Children’s Hospital & Medical Center, will teach you how to adapt your CNA (certified nursing assistant/certified nursing aide) skills in order to care for children. Additionally, it will prepare you to work within hospital and clinic settings.
All students who complete the Pediatric CNA course will receive an invitation to meet with a Children’s Hospital & Medical Center recruiter.
During this half-hour session, the recruiter will critique your resume so you understand what should be included to get the best results. Additionally, you will learn common interview techniques, such as what to wear, communication skills, how to prepare, and what questions to ask.
Don’t miss this unique opportunity. Enroll in the PEDs Program now.
The Quality Career Pathways Pediatric CNA (PEDS) Training Program Details:
The Course Will Teach You:
- Basic pediatric nursing skills such as checking patients’ vital signs
- How to assess the growth and development stages with communication and behavior management strategies for each age group
- How to identify and report emotional, physical and sexual abuse and neglect
- Patient rights and mental health needs of minors
- Effective communication, interaction and de-escalation techniques while providing care and with family members involved
EMPLOYMENT OUTLOOK FOR PEDIATRIC CNAs
Continuing education with Pediatric CNA training can open so many doors in your career. Many places are seeking certified nurse assistants with pediatric care skills (pediatric nurse assistants) who can pass a background check right at this moment.
The U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics reports that “Employment of nursing assistants is projected to grow 8 percent from 2018 to 2028, about as fast as the average for all occupations.”
Whether you are seeking full-time or part-time work, a Pediatric CNA certification can earn you a job at the following:
- Pediatric patient care wings at hospitals
- Pediatric health clinics
- Children rehabilitation centers
- Pediatrician offices
Consider a Pediatric CNA Career at Children’s Hospital and Medical Center
If you’re passionate about caring for children, you will want to consider working at Children’s Hospital and Medical Center.
They believe excellent care begins with an excellent staff – from the surgeons who perform heart transplants, to the patient access specialists who greet patients and check them in, to the housekeeping assistants who keep our patients’ rooms clean and sanitary. Children’s Hospital and Medical Center takes pride in creating a positive work environment, advancing careers, and helping employees grow and develop their expertise.
They offer healthcare career opportunities and medical training for people who share their dedication to caring for children and their families and being part of an enriching, innovative environment. LEARN MORE
Many Pediatric CNAs also need to be BLS Certified
Most hospitals and clinics require their CNA and CMA employees to also have their (BLS) Basic Life Support Certification from the American Heart Association. This includes skills such as proper CPR techniques, AED instruction and how to remove airway obstructions in both adults and infants. Learn more about the BLS course at Quality Career Pathways HERE. Many times, the PEDS course is offered on the same day as a BLS course, making it easy to take both at once.
The Pediatric CNA job opportunities are endless, and it all starts with the PEDs Course at Quality Career Pathways.
*Includes $150 Registration/Application Fee