BECOME A CERTIFIED PHARMACY TECHNICIAN (PHARM TECH) WITH THIS HANDS-ON COURSE
Hours To Completion: 150
- 124 hrs online work
- 10 hours on campus/zoom checkpoints
- 16 hours externship at CHI Health Omaha locations (Proof of Covid vaccine required)
All Inclusive Tuition: $750*
Includes tuition, online study materials, practice test, exam application, one state exam
Requirements To Enroll:
Students must be registered by DHHS as a Pharmacy Technician
- Be at least 18 years old
- Be a high school graduate or have a GED equivalent
- Never been convicted of any non-alcohol, drug-related misdemeanor or felony
UPCOMING PHARM TECH COURSES
Make sure to secure your seat in an upcoming class today!
|Classroom Day Part & Location||Classroom Dates|
|Weekend: Omaha |
July 30 - Oct. 22, 2022
Enroll by 7/26
|9:00 am - 11:00 am
1) July 30
2) August 27
3) September 17
4) October 22
|Weekend: Omaha |
Sept. 24 - Dec. 17
|9:00 am - 11:00 am
1) Sept. 24
2) Oct. 22
3) Nov. 12
4) Dec. 17
The Quality Career Pathways Pharmacy Technician Program is a 12-week course that combines online learning, and in-class checkpoints. Plus through a partnership with CHI Health, students will have the opportunity to experience both retail and inpatient settings during their externship.
**Effective Jan. 7, 2021, Pharm Techs are approved to administer the Covid Vaccine**
This course prepares and meets the requirements for students to register and take the ExCPT exam through the National Healthcareer Association. Upon completion of all course requirements and successfully passing the ExCPT exam, students will be awarded certification and will be allowed to use the credentials of CPhT in all 50 states.
Certification is valid for two years and must be renewed within this time frame to remain valid. Please note that 20 hours of continuing education are required within each renewal period. Many times, your employer can provide these hours of training.
The Quality Career Pathways Pharmacy Technician Program Details:
The Course Will Teach You How To:
- Complete patient paperwork
- Accept payments & process insurance claims
- Receive & verify prescriptions
- Price & fill prescriptions
- Package & label prescriptions
- Manage drug supplies
- Any registration or background check fees through DHHS.
- Drug test – $45 through Arcpoint Labs (info. given during class)
- Curriculum created by National Healthcareer Association, CHI Health and Quality Career Pathways
- Approved by Nebraska Board of Pharmacy
- ExCPT exam administered by National Heathcareer Association
- Accepted in all states that require national certification
- Self-reported measure of confidence within each lesson
- 80% or above required on all summative end of lesson quizzes
- In class reviews/zoom – remediation if necessary
- Externship evaluation
The ExCPT exam fee is included in tuition. Students will self-register to take the exam.
How to Enroll
- Complete and submit the Application Information for Nebraska Pharmacy Technician Registration
- Complete our Application
- Make a payment to secure your seat in an upcoming class
WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN A PHARM TECH AND A CPhT?
The short answer is nothing. CPhT is the technical title, with its letters standing for Certified Pharmacy Technician. When naming our courses, we simply felt that the acronym was a mouthful, so we voted to keep things simple. But don’t worry. You will be certified to use both titles once you are done with this course.
EMPLOYMENT OUTLOOK FOR CPhTs
According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, the field for CPhTs is projected to grow by 4% between 2020 and 2030 with a median salary of $16.87 per hour.
This projection is due to two factors: the rising numbers of an older population that requires more medication than young people and the fact that many pharmacists are being tasked with other duties, like providing flu shots, that take them away from fulfilling prescriptions.
The salary levels of a CPhTs change constantly, usually based on demand. Additionally, the vary based on where you live. While we can predict salary levels, you can review this information about salaries in the Omaha area.
What does this mean for you? There will be increasing number of open Pharmacy Technician positions to you after you graduate.
When seeking employment, you should consider what possibilities our Premier Hiring Partners can provide for you. CHI Health is a great match since you will have experience working within their halls. But they aren’t the only ones looking to fulfill CPhT positions. Nebraska Medicine and Children’s Hospital & Medical Center also have retail pharmacies onsite you could consider.
But you need to get started now in order to make your dreams of a medical career come true.
*Includes $150 Registration/Application Fee