START YOUR CAREER AS A CERTIFIED PHARMACY TECHNICIAN (PHARM TECH) TODAY
The Quality Career Pathways Pharmacy Technician Program is a 12-week course that combines online learning, in-class checkpoints, and onsite training. Through a partnership with CHI Health, students will have the opportunity to experience both retail and inpatient settings.
This course prepares and meets the requirements for students to register and take the ExCPT exam through the National Healthcareer Association. Upon completion of all course requirements and successfully passing the ExCPT exam, students will be awarded certification and will be allowed to use the credentials of CPhT in all 50 states.
Certification is valid for two years and must be renewed within this time frame to remain valid. 20 hours of continuing education are required within each renewal period.
The Quality Career Pathways Pharmacy Technician (Pharm Tech) Program Details:
The Course Will Teach You How To:
- Complete patient paperwork
- Accept payments & process insurance claims
- Receive & verify prescriptions
- Price & fill prescriptions
- Package & label prescriptions
- Manage drug supplies
- Approximately 124 hrs online work
- 10 hours on campus checkpoints
- 32 hours externship at CHI Health (Omaha or Grand Island locations)
Requirements To Enroll
- Students must be registered by DHHS as a Pharmacy Technician
- Be at least 18 years old
- Be a high school graduate or have a GED equivalent
- Never been convicted of any non-alcohol, drug-related misdemeanor or felony
Tuition & Testing
- Paid in Full: $750 (Includes tuition, online study materials, practice test, exam application, one state exam)
- Payment plans available
- Any registration or background check fees through DHHS.
- Drug test – $45 through Arcpoint Labs (info. given during class)
- Curriculum created by National Healthcareer Association, CHI Health and Quality Career Pathways
- Approved by Nebraska Board of Pharmacy
- ExCPT exam administered by National Heathcareer Association
- Accepted in all states that require national certification
- Self-reported measure of confidence within each lesson
- 80% or above required on all summative end of lesson quizzes
- In class reviews – remediation if necessary
- Externship evaluation
- The ExCPT exam fee is included in tuition. Students will self-register to take the exam.
How to Enroll
- Complete and submit the Application Information for Nebraska Pharmacy Technician Registration
- Complete our Application
- Make a payment to secure your seat in an upcoming class
EMPLOYMENT OUTLOOK FOR CPhTs
According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, the field of Pharmacy Technicians is projected to grow by 7% between 2018 and 2028, which is faster than the national average growth rate for all occupations.
This projection is due to two factors: the rising numbers of an older population that requires more medication than young people and the fact that many pharmacists are being tasked with other duties, like providing flu shots, that take them away from fulfilling prescriptions.
The salary levels of a Pharmacy Technician change constantly, usually based on demand. Additionally, the vary based on where you live. While we can predict salary levels, you can review this information about Pharm Tech salaries in the Omaha area.
What does this mean for you? There will be increasing number of open Pharmacy Technician positions to you after you graduate.