Looking for a Stellar CNA / Resident Assistant
Cedarhurst of La Vista
8140 S 97th Plaza, La Vista, NE 68128
Position: Resident Assistant
Reports To: Director of Nursing/Resident Care Manager
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Direct Reports: No
Department: Care Staff
The primary purpose of the Resident Assistant, is to assist and provide direction to residents with personal care needs which enable the resident to maintain good personal hygiene, to carry out activities of daily living, to maintain good health and to participate in the activities of the community.
Essential Duties include the following:
The following duties are normal for this position. This list is not to be construed as exclusive or all inclusive. Other duties may be required and assigned. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Assists residents in their personal care which includes direction and assistance in grooming, hygiene, dressing, nutrition, etc.
- Assists residents to and from dining room as needed and assists with meals.
- Encourages and assists residents to participate in activities.
- Listens to and understands the problems of residents and reports observations immediately to Director, if appropriate.
- Participates in all in-service programs to expand and develop abilities.
- Sets a good example for residents and other staff members by appearance, conduct and interest in job.
- Maintains compliance to all personnel policies, established community policies and procedures, and Federal and State regulations and standards.
- Understands and implements the Fire Safety and Disaster Preparedness Plan and evacuation procedures of the community during drills and actual emergencies.
- Dependable and able to meet schedule requirements (attendance and punctuality) with no restrictions.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications, Education and/or Experience:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and abilities required.
- Health care or nurse’s aide training with a 100 hour nurse’s aide training preferred.
- One year nurse’s aide experience preferred.
- High School diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Must possess a general knowledge of laws and restrictions regarding senior living care, as well as a solid understanding of opportunities and limits of other levels of care within senior living.
- Thoroughness & detail oriented.
- Sense of professional curiosity, desire to learn new things, and to find / recommend solutions to problems.
- Great communication and interpersonal skills required along with the heart and passion to work with older adults while providing the best care possible.
- Must have the ability to remain calm in stressful situations, to be flexible, to work well with many interruptions and have skill in multi-tasking.
- Must exhibit and promote a high level of customer service, hospitality, curiosity and friendliness towards all residents, visitors, employees and the overall facility.
Knowledgable in Electronic Medical Record systems (CareMerge preferred), Internet browsers (e.g. Explorer, Chrome, Fire Fox), as well as Microsoft Office programs: Outlook, Excel, Word and Publisher applications
Resident Assistant (RA) Job Description 10-11-2018 p2
Work Environment & Physical Demands
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is continuously required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk or hear and taste or smell. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and lift and /or move up to 50 pounds independently; occasionally lift and/or move up to 200 pounds with assistance. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision and depth perception.
I have carefully read and understand the contents of this position description. I understand the responsibilities, requirements and duties expected of me. I understand that this is not necessarily an exhaustive list of responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts or working conditions associated with the position. While this list is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current position, the employer reserves the right to revise the functions and duties of the position or to require that additional or different tasks be performed as directed by the employer.
I understand that this position description does not constitute a contract of employment nor alter my status as an at-will employee. I have the right to terminate my employment at any time and for any reason, and the employer has a similar right.
Associate’s Signature: ______________________________ Date: __________________
Associate’s Printed Name: _____________________________________________
This employer is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, the employer will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities and encourages prospective employees and incumbents to discuss potential accommodations with the employer.